||The Department of Environmental Affairs and Tourism (DEAT) is one of the National Departments of the Government of the Republic of South Africa.
The vision of DEAT is: a prosperous and equitable society living in harmony with our resources.
The mission is to lead sustainable development of our environment and tourism for a better life for all South Africans by:
DEAT is guided by the following values:
- Creating conditions for sustainable tourism growth and development
- Promoting the sustainable development and conservation of our natural resources
- Protecting and improving the quality and safety of the environment
- Promoting the global sustainable development agenda
- Transformation of the department, statutory bodies and economic sector for which we are responsible.
- Sustainability: efficient use of resources, walking the talk
- Performance: quality of products, impact of our work in society, energy driven, earn our worth
- Professionalism: accuracy, punctuality, knowledgeable, corporate governance
- People: team building, Batho Pele, capacity building
- Integrity: ethics, honesty, non-corruptive
- Innovation: face challenges and offer new solutions, pushing frontiers,
- Diversity: richness of culture, ideas, a fabric of our organisation and nation.