The FDPM mission is to sustainably manage and develop the forest
resources and optimize their contributions
to national socio-economic development.
The FDPM has the following objectives:
- To manage the forest resources sustainably for the continuous production of forest goods and services and their optimum utilization, compatible with environmental requirements.
- To increase the supply of forest goods and services through appropriate forestry activities that enhance the quality, productivity and
- To further develop appropriate environmentally sound technology for the conservation, management and utilization of the forest resources.
- To conserve and protect the forest's biological diversity, water and soil, and their sustainable utilization.
- To increase the quality and the efficiency of the forest-based processing mills and enhance higher value downstream activities.
- To strengthen human resource development (HRD) to support the forestry sector.
- To improve public awareness on the environmental and conservational roles of forests through education and dissemination of information.
- To increase the forestry sector's contribution to national income, foreign exchange and employment opportunities.